Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Bad Day At Work...

Whoops... I screwed up today... a lot...

First, I forgot that I opened today... which makes sense since I walked by the front desk and went, "Man, whoever is supposed to open this morning sure is late." Yeah... that was my ass's name on the schedule...

So, that means that an R.A. had to open up the front desk... not so much a problem, since he was scheduled to work anyway, right after me, and he wasn't inconvenienced any... excepting that he opened with his own keys, leaving the rest of us desk workers worried and wondering where the 'lost' keys were... in fact, they were just left at security... thankfully Ashley was nice enough to pick them up for me...

So that was a bother for everyone, who already had to deal with the door handle falling off. That's right, the door can't be opened from the inside, because turning the lock means that the handle of said door falls off, leaving the person inside standing like a moron, holding a door handle to a door that now won't open... yeah, we have to jump over the counter to get out if the door is closed on us...

And the open door is apparently an invitation for strange men to wander back here. Thankfully my boss shooed them out with a whiteboard eraser, because I was too befuddled to move...

Then some poor guy lost an important package and I can't do a damn thing to help him, and somewhere, on the inside, I know he blames me, although he was quite polite about it...

*Sighs*

At least I work with really cool people...