Sunday, 21 September 2008

Shedding Tears Over Animal Planet....

It's those damned Animal Rescue videos... I'm in the process of watching gorillas protecting children that have fallen into the enclosure (one gorilla is filmed lifting up the fallen child and carrying it to the only human entrace to the enclosure).... am I crying over these? Yes, yes I am..

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone...

When it comes to humans I can be as cold as a stone, but never to anything that is cute or fluffy... or never to any animal so self-aware, so concious of their surroundings and their affect on their surroundings... animals are usually seen as creatures of simple self-preservation. It ruins the romance of it all, but still, it is not entirely accurate...

Now I miss Tilly more... my mom and brother take good care of her, and she's happy, but I miss those little adventures.... finding bullsnakes, getting peed on by turtles...

Oooh! Hot and buff fireman! Yow... hot and buff fireman saving fluffy animals...

Even in video, that just made my day...

And while on that topic, let us take a little time to reflect... firemen... they'll never be rich.. few of them will ever have their names live in infamy by more than the individuals that they directly affect... and none of it matters... firemen are more than ever the heroes that they used to be. They seem to be pure heroes. As a society we undermine, degrade and insult what police officers do for us... firemen, more than at any other time in American history, are our heroes, made all the more heroic by their mortality, by overcoming the weaknesses of human nature.... you know, this deserves a posting all its own, and possibly something more developed.. like a paper.. one of which I have due on Tuesday.. perhaps then... it will be more fitting, more respectful.