Goths that dislike each other.
Thinking about a couple of the goths I've known, something occured to me. Goths that don't like each other, attack the gothnicity of the other.
In some ways, the gothic subculture is a relief from the cattiness that can be found when most people get together for periods of time. It's human nature, either inherent or socialized, and just happens. Goth as a whole, not necessarily specific individuals, is a very accepting subculture. As I've said, I've seen everything from African-American and Asian-American goths to goths in wheelchairs, goths with weight problems, goths in all sorts of shapes, sizes and personalities... it's kind of a catch-all group, good and bad... you can see it in the types of goths... I've linked to it before, but goths have come up with lists of more than a hundred different types of goths.
Goth is maybe one of the most diverse subcultures out there... until you piss off another goth... and then it's on.
When a goth pisses off another goth, there are extensive, degrading rants about how one person is more goth than the other, their favorite bands are more obscure, they smoke more cloves, they've been goth the longest, they are less of a conformist, and their blacks are blacker.
... it's an interesting phenomenon...
It's.... telling...
Friday, 11 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)



|