Thursday, 26 June 2008

Decided...

Skulls usually don't do it for me...

However... cute skullies? That's something different...

Being goth for over ten years, I need a way to commemorate that....

My body isn't perfect.. it isn't some sacred temple that I fear to desecrate... it's not an object of worship or lust for another person or myself.... it's more like a house.... I live in it... what makes me special and important is all unrelated to my house... and what makes other people love me is not my house...

As well as that, as a woman in this society, so frequently I am told that my body is not my own... that, in order to be important, my body has to fit into certain parameters so that someone will "want" me, some which I have fallen victim to myself... I can't be fat, or be unshaved, or have short hair, or many, many other things.... tattoos are one of those things.... and tattoos are one way for me, as a woman, to reinforce the idea that my body is my own.... in order to get a tattoo, I have to earn my money, get into my car, drive to a tattoo parlour and make a decision about MY body for MYSELF.

So... following these trains of logic... I will get my skully tattoo...

Besides, life is short....

Or, as Nekromantics say... "Life's a grave... dig it!"